tisdag 23 juli 2013

The Magic Known As Music

Soup.....

Soup is good, especially pea soup or my moms carrot soup, however now you might be wondering why the hell I am writing about soup in a blog about music(Except that it yummy;P). Basically it is as simple as this: It kinda sounds like sup, which my girlfriend says occasionally, so its a greeting, thats it.

But enough with the liquid food thing, lets take this show on the road.
Music, mystical, magical music. Have you ever thought what the world would be without music?
I have...... tried. See, now the thing is we can all try to imagine what the world would be without music, however only some of us can actually picture a world that makes something close to sense without it.
I am not one of those people, music is just to damn important to me.
Now I don't know if you ever thought about this either, but to most people music is something that you grow into and usually it can take quite a while before you start to really care for music and it usually change gradually over the course of ones life.

For instance how many kids under kindergarten age have you seen running around with phones that plays not only mainstream music? (this is another matter that I will not bring up in this blog, the matter of technology and how it enters our lives earlier and earlier as the generations shift)

I haven't seen any. But in high school or early middle school most people know what kind of music they really like, perhaps they even adopt a certain way to dress to fit their taste in music, because as you know there are a lot of people that do this so no explanation is needed.

This does not mean that one can only like one kind of music, for instance I like this soothing, somewhat sorrowful piece of music by the genius Nobou Uematsu :To Zanarkand. Of course with this goes all the incredibly amazing movie soundtracks out there, like this one by the movie music industry biggest name Hans Zimmer: King Of Pride Rock , and at one part of my life I really enjoyed the orchestral epicness produced by the skilled composers over at Two Steps From Hell (this kind of music inspired me to write an entire book series that I am working on so I was Really inspired by them) : Protectors Of The Earth (AKA Epicnessssss)


And during this time I did not listen to any bands for a long time... But notice the during, which means that for the moment I am mainly listening to music produced by bands, however its hard to define what sort of music I really like.(but you can be sure that I have a weak spot for what I like to call epic music like Two Steps From Hells masterpieces since they help me with my books to this day)

Like most people I'd say that I like a little of everything, and it does change from time to time. But right now I really like a band called All That Remains which is a metalcore band, so I guess I like metalcore.... or?

No I don't really like a metalcore that much, because I don't go by specific music genres, I just like a little of everything, I just happen to like the music that All That Remains makes, but most bands that are in the same genres as these guys I don't even want to listen too.

So although I really love the music that are in the genre metalcore like this piece by All That Remains : (Not Fading(With A linguistic surprise) I enjoy a totally different style like this piece for instance: (A Different Kind Of Shop).
It all depends on what kind of mood I'm in, like I'm sure can relate too, because usually when you can chose a song ,whichever you want, you'll want one that fits your mood.

And thats where I am, like most people. Where music just fits different music moods and then you have gotten far. You know music means a lot to you when it can either change your mood or fit the one your in.
Now I Could dandle on forever on how important music is, to me and to the world, however I think that most of you have gotten my point by know.

MUSIC.IS. IMPORTANT.

And that is just a fact that everyone should know if they have a brain that have not expired.
This topic is to much to nail down in one blog though I'm afraid and considering that its 2 a.m when I'm writing this I should probably pick up this topic in another blog..... Cause I'm going to town in 8 hours and I have not started my attempts of sleeping yet. I should probably get to doing that now that I think about it...

Anyways I hope you understand how much music means, and that you have many bands or composers of various genres that you listen too, because music of all form is a magical thing that should be appreciated as often as possible;)

And with that I shall take my leave, Toodles my dear audience and goodnight:D

PS.
If you for whatever reason like to know what kind of music I like you can piece it together by clicking on all the "hidden" links I have in this entry, but even if they are only samples, you should at least like some them;)
And heres just a decent piece I made with the music program ejay years ago: By Me, Though Not So Crappy
Another One?
How I wished I still had Ejay still, that program was a blast to use, and these two turned out alright, don'tcha think? ;)

1 kommentar:

  1. SO. MUCH. LINKS!!! :D

    Yeah, I can relate to most of the things written in this post :P

    And I agree that it seems like generations are growing up faster, in more than one way (because of such things as media, I guess), and not necessarily for the better. Of course, you only mentioned technology, but I think that these two walk hand in hand.


    ps. gotta love ejay, don't you? =)

    SvaraRadera